The original name of the Alexandrovsky Garden is the Country Garden.
The garden made its appearance on a vacant plot of land in 1851 when there were thousands of linden, birch, spruce and pine trees planted in the area of about 100 acres (40 000 m²) with the money of the merchant Ivan Ikonnikov. The garden was named after the crown prince Alexander, the future tsar Alexander II, who visited Tyumen on the 31st of May, 1837 during his journey through Siberia. After the October Revolution of 1917, the garden was abandoned until 1948 when a small portion of it was restored through the efforts of the employees of a ship-building plant. The landscape of the garden was adorned with a pond, a small bridge built traversing the ravine, a shooting range and a restaurant with a terrace. In the 1960s, it was abandoned again, and by the 1970s, it fell into disrepair. Later a development effort began in the premises of the garden with the construction of houses, a kindergarten and garages. A road to the Profsoyuzny Bridge was also built through the garden. The renewal of the garden did not begin until 2007. Although ten times smaller than the original garden, the grounds were restored and the Alexandrovsky Garden became its official name. The fountain was rebuilt as well as sculptures of citizens styled after the 19th century. Some of the statues include the Hussar, Ladies on a Walk, A Girl at Rest, and the Boy.
The Kolokolnikovs Estate Museum
National Park and Preserve Museum
Thanks for subscribing